Glorious Purple Sweet Potato Honey Bread. Full with nutrients and goodness.
Introducing to you: The glorious sweet potato bread! Sweetened with honey and filled with the nutrient packed sweet potato! Not forgetting the fabulous purple hue it produces!
The bread recipe was obtained from Xiachufang and the sweet potato filling was adapted from Vintage Trinket. However, the sweet potato was not as sweet as I would like but it is also because I did not add any sugar inside, making it even healthier and wholesome. Minimum butter was add in to make it more creamy and that’s all.
A nutrition filled breakfast for everyone and for everyday! Yum!
Recipe for Bread:
- 200g bread flour
- 50g cake flour
- 55g honey
- 2.5g salt
- 3g yeast
- 125g milk
- 35g egg
- 25g unsalted butter
- Mix all the ingredients except butter together till windowpane stage is achieved. Knead after the dough is soft and smooth. It may be really sticky at first but do not be tempted to add more flour, but rather, continue to knead the dough. Add the butter till it is incorporated.
- Let it rise till it is doubled. (Mine took 1hr)
- Punch the dough down and divide it into 10 portions.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape the dough and fill it up with the sweet potato filling.
- Let it rise for a second time
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or till it is hollow when tapped.
Sweet Potato Filling:
- 200g mashed and cooked sweet potato
- 20g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- some milk
- Add the butter into the hot mashed sweet potato and mix well until the butter melts.
- If the mixture is too dry, add some milk to lighten it up.
- Set the filling aside to cool.