Revealing to you:
The ultimate soft soft soft soft soft pumpkin bread that still stays soft soft soft soft soft after the 2nd day. Saw that dent? It happened because I was trying to remove it from the pan and it was too soft, thus disfigured! Haha! I baked this pumpkin bread very long ago but did not have the time to post the recipe up and it has been quite a while since I last posted something. hehe, gonna spam posts now!
Let’s talk about this bread. You have to plan your time carefully if you want to bake this cake. All the fermentation and stuff, you gotta think when you wanna do it yea! But, despite all that hassle, it is all worth it.
This is a recipe which I have gotten from Honeybeesweets which she has adapted it from 孟老师！ However, she has scaled her recipe by 1.5 times, therefore, she was able to make a loaf and 4 buns out of it! I feel that it was a little bit too much for me because it was too much, therefore, I strongly advise you to scale the recipe down if you are making for a small family like mine! Please enjoy!
- In a heavy duty mixer, add in all the above ingredient except the butter and knead everything together to form a soft pilable dough. Continue to knead/mix till the dough is not sticky, then add in the butter. Knead well till it reaches elastic and window panel stage. It took me about 20 to 25 minutes on my KA mixer at medium speed with 2 times of 2 minutes break in between.
- Let the dough proof in a well greased bowl for about 1.5hr to 2hrs or until it has doubled its size.
- Punch out the air and divide the dough in 600g and 4x70g or approximation to the weight you have with the dough. Shape the 600g portion for a loaf while the 4x70g portions for buns.
- Shape as desired, top with desired filling for buns and let proof for another 45mins. Preheat the oven to 180C while proofing.
- Glaze the dough tops with egg wash and bake in the oven for 28-30 minutes for loaf while 14 minutes for buns.
- Once done, remove from oven. Remove the loaf from the pan after 3 minutes and let cool completely before slicing.